Our mission is to assist in electing Democrats to public office in Royal Oak, Clawson, Madison Heights, and neighboring areas.
Our monthly meetings always feature:
- A guest speaker on an issue that Democrats care deeply about, such as health care, the rights of labor, civil rights, and civil liberties.
- Reports from Democratic elected officials at the city, county, state and federal levels.
- Updates from the Oakland County Democratic Party and the Michigan Democratic Party.
During election years we also serve as a way to introduce local, state and national Democratic candidates to the Greater Royal Oak area, and to publicize volunteer opportunities to club members.
Elected officials who belong to the Greater Royal Oak Democratic Club include:
- Royal Oak Mayor Michael Fournier
- Royal Oak City Commissioner Sharlan Douglas
- Royal Oak City Commissioner Kyle Dubuc
- Royal Oak City Commissioner Jeremy Mahrle
- Royal Oak City Commissioner Pat Paruch
- Royal Oak City Commissioner Marie Donigan
- Royal Oak School Board trustee Deb Anderson
- County Commissioner David Woodward
- County Commissioner Gary McGillivray
- State Representative Jim Ellison
- Congressman Sandy Levin
The club is run by elected officers and an appointed board. The 2017 officers and board are:
- Chair: Tom Regan
- Vice Chair: Rachel Lombardo
- Secretary: Joanne Braund
- Treasurer: Laurie Sturm
- Board: Linda Graham
- Board: Tom Allen
- Board: Mary Mills
- Board: Ilene Orlanski
- Board: Deb Lobring
- Board: Tim Ciechorski
- Board: Belem Morales
- Board: Mark Walton
- Board: Dylan Kolad
- Board: Gary Loyd
- Board: Terri Moncrieff
- Board: Stacy Cameron